VintageHondas.com Bulletin BoardAdd Post
 Author / Subject  Post  Date / Time 
Zorro
CL 160 1968?
HELP!

Just picked up a new project and I'm tring to ID the date of manufacture. Can anyone help. All there is is the stamped number on the frame. The lable is long gone.

The number is B160-1058697 Thanks for any and all help.
29 May 2006 23:34
Jeff Bryant
CB160
It's really hard to tell the exact year. The reference book I have says that based on the number you provided it is a CB160. Look closer at the number and see if it reads "CB". It would be "CL" if it is the Scrambler version. All I can see is that they were built from 1965 thru 1968. If it has chrome side covers on the tank, it's a "CB".

I have a CL160 from the same vintage years. I'm not sure of the exact year but, I did find a tag on the wiring harness under the tank that read "1966". Can't truely say this means its a "1966" year but, it had to be close. Look at your wiring harness and see if you can find a similar tag.

I hope this helps some. Good luck with the bike and keep us informed as to your progress.
31 May 2006 00:43
 Add PostTop
Change colors...Change colors...Change colors...Change colors...Change colors...Change colors...Change colors...Change colors...Change colors...Change colors...Change colors... about EasyForum! 0.018 sec

VintageHondas.com - 2004