VintageHondas.com Bulletin BoardAdd Post
 Author / Subject  Post  Date / Time 
kick start probs
1980 honda xr200
First of all, thanks a bunch for taking the time to look at this,
I need all the help I can get! Okay, so I just bought a 1980 honda xr200 trail bike. Now from the outside, it looks to be in wonderfull shape, and the guy who sold it to me said it had not even 6000 miles on it. He also said that the only thing that I needed to do to get it up and runing was to have the kickstart replaced. I guess it needs a whole new kickstart setup. Where could I find the parts that I need? The guy who is working on it said that to get to the kick start thingy, he has to take the whole motor out and then take that apart. How much should all this cost? He's just a parts guy for a harly shop, so should I take the bike to a honda dealer who knows the bike a little more? Other than the kick start, the bike is pristine. And I really love the way vintage trail bikes look, so I don't want to get a new one like the guy said. Thanks for any help!
15 Jan 2006 15:10
 Add PostTop
Change colors...Change colors...Change colors...Change colors...Change colors...Change colors...Change colors...Change colors...Change colors...Change colors...Change colors... about EasyForum! 0.014 sec

VintageHondas.com - 2004